Get tips and ideas to develop the team and increase their performance with this one day Coaching Skills Training Course.
This Coaching Skills Training Course will introduce a range of skills and approaches that can be used in everyday conversations as well as structured coaching conversations.
You will find out what coaching is and how it can be used to improve performance, develop skills and motivate team members.
This Coaching Skills Training Course will introduce the skills, techniques and benefits of coaching.
The workshop investigates how behaviours develop in people and how using the coaching approach, can make long term changes to negative or challenging behaviours. We also look at how coaching can be used to develop long term action plans and improve individual and team performance.
Those who attend this Coaching Skills Training Course will:
- Be able to describe the role of the coach and when coaching should be used
- Know how values and beliefs effect the way we coach and are coached
- Be able to demonstrate the skills required of an effective coach
- Know how to use a tried and tested coaching structure that delivers results
- Know how to adapt your style of coaching to meet the needs of the individual and the business
- Be able to provide effective feedback to individuals that you coach
- Know how to drive actions and capture them in a development plan
- Describe advanced coaching techniques and demonstrate their use.
Here’s what we cover in our Coaching Skills Training Course:
The Role of the Coach and coaching
- What is a coach and what are they there to do
- What is coaching and the skills required of an effective coach
When to Coach
- When is coaching appropriate to use
- The differences between coaching, mentoring, buddying and counselling
Values and Beliefs
- How do values and beliefs affect behaviour and performance
- How can coaching help the person to realise they need to change
- What are the various methods of coaching
- How to adapt your style based on the business and the person being coached
- Developing a coaching culture in the business
- Introduction to a tried and tested coaching model
- Driving actions and setting objectives
- Providing effective feedback
- An opportunity to practice using the structure
- An opportunity to look at some advanced coaching techniques.
If you opt to have this course delivered in-house, the content above can be tweaked and changed to ensure the course meets your specific needs.
We can deliver this coaching skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people in your organisation.
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a coaching skills training course delivered in-house at your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 03333 444575.
Our Coaching Skills Training Course is currently only available as an in-house course. See the in-house tab for more information.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
Be the first to leave a review.